Summary!

The aim of this project was to create three images using a PhaseOne camera and scale up one or all of the three images to A0 size. I found this very challenging and difficult; at some points I liked the challenge while other times I felt I never wanted to do this again!

Scaling up to A0 was okay; however when I was working on the files on my computer in Photoshop it would freeze and the program would close multiple times. Another problem I had was when it came to printing; I managed to print one images to A0, however when I was almost finished printing my second one we were told to leave it as the uni was locking up for the night and after logging of the computer it stopped the print. Also after this the printer stopped working meaning we had to print smaller; I wanted my images to be the same size so I ended up printed all three A2.

My ideas kept changing and at one point I felt I was being pushed into a theme I didn’t want to do; at the crit everyone seemed to like my portraits but I felt that they weren’t right for this projects, but part of me is worried that people will be disappointed that I didn’t do them – maybe I could try them again, but I don’t think they were right for this project.

At my final crit, I felt that my images looked really good up on the wall; after discussion I told them about the theme behind the images, they felt that the theme didn’t show in my images, but the theme was just something to go on. They said if I wanted to show the ‘something old, new and borrowed’ theme I should have included something ‘blue’ to complete the theme.

Their were a couple of things I needed to improve on and change, but overall I was happy with my outcomes, but I’m NEVER doing prints this big again (unless I have to)! They are so big and very difficult to handle, specially this time of year, when walking home and to uni with them I was worried my prints would get ruined… It was great seeing my images at this scale, but there is not hiding when they are that size (like my crappy editing on my A0 image that looked right on screen, but when it was printed off you could see where I had edited).

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s